Sunday, June 08, 2014

Figure Study

Figure Study: Pencil on Paper, 11" by 16"

Figure Study In Pencil

I drew this a few years ago, around 2002. It is pencil on paper and 11 by 16 inches. If I remember correctly, it was drawn from a picture that was in American Artist Magazine. I don't remember the artist that drew the original. 

I was working through the exercises of Burne Hogarth's book "Dynamic Figure Drawing" at the time when I found this picture and just had to give it a try. 

Figure Drawing is my favourite style of drawing to do. I find that when I am drawing the figure, time just disappears. There is nothing more pleasing than to finish a figure drawing and having it actually resemble something human. It wasn't that long ago when I thought it would be an impossible task.

If you are interested in learning to draw, check out my Art Resources page for links to online resources, or texts that I used while learning, such as Burne Hogarth's Dynamic Figure Drawing  which is available on Amazon. 



No comments: