Saturday, March 31, 2007

Portrait in pencil

A couple of weeks ago I recieved an unusual request at my Honk'n'Holl'r blog. It was a request to draw a blogger's portrait. It seems that "Fake Dane" ask many artists to draw the very same portrait from his picture. He says that it is interesting to see how each artist will paint or draw the same subject uniquely. He then posts all portraits he recieves on his blog. I accepted his request and this is the result.


This is the original photograph he sent me

Fake Dane
And this is my attemp at Fake Dane's portrait
Pencil and charcoal on paper, 8.5X11


Sorry I took so long in getting the portrait done, but I was kind of busy last week because this happened:


Lily Alice
Born March 28 1:54pm
Frank's first Grandchild!!!

3 comments:

Gemmolina said...

She's beautiful, Frank. Congratulations and welcome, Lily.

OldEnough said...

CONGRATULATIONS FRANK!!! I love the portrait by the way! AND YOU'RE A GRANDADDY! Or is that granddaddy? YOU HAVE A GRANDKID!!!

Anonymous said...

This is Mimi. For some reason I can't post comments with my identity here today.

SHE's Beautiful! I got all emotional seeing the pic because I first "met" her in utero on a peace globe. Very special.

Give her kisses from your blog buddies. I just wanna pick her up and squeeze her.

Can I?

Mimi Lenox