Friday, January 12, 2007

Some new Scans, and some of my Daughters art

Some new scans of drawings and sketches that I've done mostly over the holidays. And a little creative exercise

1. Unnamed figure drawing one, pencil on paper, 8x10


2. Unnamed abstract , ink on paper, 8x10
I really let my mind wander on this one, but I liked the final result.

3. Unnamed Drawing, Pencil on paper, 8.5x11


4. Unnamed figure study, Pencil on paper, 8x10


5. Unnamed portrait study, pencil on paper, 8.10

I have not had a winner for the Blog Hun contest, or for this round of pictionary. For BlogHunt, I had one of my original drawings up for grabs, but I think the holiday season was the wrong timing for a time consuming contest. I'm closing both contests. But not all is lost. You might notice that all of the above drawings are Unnamed. That is intentional. Just name the above drawings (numbered 1 through 5) and email me your responces. I will select two winners that have named the drawings with what I consider the best names overall. From those two 'best namers' I will chose the name for each drawing out of those selections of names (each drawing can only have one name even if I like both). The two people that have sent in what I consider the best names overall for all five drawings will each win one of my original drawings that I have selected below.
Prize one, "Midnight Swim" (I selected as a prize for BlogHunt), and
Prize two, "After Bath Reflection" are both pencil on paper, 11"x14" in size.
Of the two chosen winners that I select, Prize one, and Prize two will be in the order of email submission date, earliest submission that I select wins prize one.

Midnight Swim


After Bath Reflection
Have fun. I will select both winners at the end of January.



______________
Some art done by my daughter, Jodi.



8 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

Great images.

Angel Feathers Tickle Me said...

Candlelight spills into my room.
It falls across your face and even mine
It falls across your body,
It discovers you, your perfections, your imperfections,
your hopes and aspirations.
The candlelight is soft and so forgiving.
The candlelight is warm and inviting.
When the morning comes and the candle simply is
Through it will have already discovered you.
Now it is gone the warmth is lost.
You are left in the twilight of early dawn.
You have been stripped bare as sleep rushes in.
Now sleep my darling, for I am here
I am still the candle that burns within.
Your Heart

Frank Sirianni said...

Thanks for Stopping by R2K

Thanks angel feathers for stopping by. I must say, no one has left a poem as a comment on my blogs before. I appreciate the work and thought very much

Anonymous said...

I'll have to see if I can name these pieces. Beautiful work...you and Jodi, both. Thanks for sharing it.

High Power Rocketry said...

Some of the nudes seem a bit young I shouldnt look.

High Power Rocketry said...

Hi I just wanted to invite you to participate in my 3rd Caption Contest:

R2K

appojax said...

this blog is awesome! did anyone ever win the bloghunt of the 29 blogs? thanks for using the butterfly!

Prometheus said...

Now that there is amazing! All Prometheus manages to draw is a blank.

All Hail Frank! All Hail Frank!

and oh yes, All Hail Jodi, All Hail Jodi.