Thursday, August 03, 2006

Some good web sites

I've been searching the web a lot lately looking for art sites that feature pencil drawings, especially looking for sites that have tutorials within their site. I found three sites that are very different from each other, but I liked what they featured.

The Celtic Knot site
There is a nice tutorial in making Celtic knot drawings, and there is a font program that can be purchased that you can type in the design in most art software. I liked it because these celtic knot drawings can accent or frame almost anything you want to draw.

Pencil at work
Artists: Sushrut Chelwat & Ujjwal Agarwal

This site featured some of the most detailed pencil drawings in their gallery that I think I've seen to date. (I've been to 100's of sites lately and the artwork here really stands out). You can also submit drawings to the site. There is also a small tutorial within the site.

Doug Compton's Karmatoons
This site featured classic cartooning and animation. There is a neat tutorial (all handwritten and illustrated by Doug) that features the basics of cartooning and animation. I printed out the whole tutorial and am going to go through it myself (at work, of course)

The following drawings I drew a couple of years ago. American artist magazine was featuring an article which featured life study drawings from Robert Liberace.
Man In Motion
Pencil on Paper
11x14

















Dancer
Pencil On Paper
11x14
















Seated Lady Figure Study
Pencil on Paper
11x14

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful drawings!

Frank Sirianni said...

Thank's bart

Anonymous said...

Darn,and I thought that I had come up with an original idea for a blog with my all black and white graphics.

I have used pencils but perfer charcoal as it is faster and I am such a lazy fellow anyway